Paige

Paige

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Wedding Date Night

One of my sister’s great friends got married last night and since Leslie is out of the country, I got to be the the next best thing to Les.  Avery has to be one of the sweetest, most gracious women I’ve got to meet.  She met her now husband online at one of Kelly’s Korner “Show Us Your Singles” link-ups and their story is just really neat! Since we knew the reception would last awhile we decided not to take either of our kids…and they had a blast with grandparents.  Stephen and I got a small date night out, just the 2 of us!

averyswedding2

Must love self portrait iPhone pictures! averys wedding1

The not so fun part of the night happened when we were driving from the reception to Stephen’s parents house to pick up Ryan.  Everything was going well when literally out of nowhere, a large deer darted into the driver’s side of our Durango.  Thank goodness Stephen was driving because I’m not sure how I would have reacted.  We pulled over to the shoulder and called the local police department.  None of us (we had our 13 year old niece with us) were injured, but I knew we would need a police report to have the damage fixed. 

We waited an entire hour before anyone showed up to take the report! There were several county sheriff cars, police cars, and even State police that drove by without stopping.  We called the local police back to see what was going on and they told us there was a more severe accident that needed their attention first.  We were patient for awhile and then it just got funny.  What could we do but laugh?  Finally a really nice State policeman stopped and quickly took the accident report and we were on our way.  I think it took about 1 1/2 hours total from when the deer committed suicide by running into our vehicle to when we were able to drive off!

No comments: