Paige

Paige

Thursday, June 21, 2012

9 Years…

IMG_3514

What a great way to spend our 9th anniversary…on the beach!  It’s hard to imagine that Stephen and I have been married for 9 years now and have 2 incredible children.  I’m so thankful each and every day to say that Stephen is my husband.  Here are my 9 favorite things about my husband:

1.  He’s a rockin’ Dad to Paige and Ryan.  I didn’t know my love for him could grow anymore until I saw him being a Daddy.

newborn20 2.  He’s committed beyond committed to his job and to his football and softball players.  Sometimes this is tough on our family, but what an incredible example he is!

IMG_1711100_4088 3.  I love the way Stephen serves our God.  Beginning last November, we started a Sunday School class with another couple and are loving the time we have!  Also, we are coaching an Upward basketball team, and in the fall we will be doing AWANA cubbies together! (Update…now we’ve been asked to be the Cubbies directors together!) God is really showing us how to step up and be a part of His Kingdom work.

4.  He’s never too  busy to not crack a joke or just be dumb!  Stephen is just a big kid wrapped up in an adult’s body.  He loves to laugh and have a great time.

5.  I love that he likes to play with our kids.  Honestly, I’m really bad about sitting down and actually playing-I can teach them, show them how to do laundry and cook, etc but I’m awful at playing. 

IMG_3484 6.  Stephen loves family!

IMG_3720 7.  He’s not afraid to jump in and pitch in around the house! He’s great at emptying the dishwasher and putting up folded laundry.  It’s also his job every night (that he’s home at bedtime) to read books to Paige and tuck her in.

8.  If I cook it, he WILL eat it!  Stephen has a great appetite.

9.  We just fit together.  From our very first date, I think both of us just knew that our dating other people thing was done.  I can’t go an hour without talking or texting him.  I need his affirmation all the time because I depend on him so much. 

Stephen, it blows my mind to know we’ve been married for 9 years.  I feel like they years have flown by and I know each coming year will do the same.  I love you way more than I did on June 21, 2003 and I didn’t even know that was possible! You’re my rock, my patience, my level head, my calm in the middle of my storm, and the PB to my J! I love you more!

 

Added:

ring He loves to buy me jewelry!  This white sapphire (my birthstone) ring is my anniversary present.  He’s soooo good to me!

No comments: