Paige

Paige

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

3 Weeks Old

Yes, I realize I skipped 2 weeks.  Sue me…and then look at my last post because he’s 2 weeks old in those pictures (and they are much better than my pictures!). 

100_3144

Paige would be saying “Look at those big boy eyes!”  She’s super at helping keep him awake during feedings and for awake time. 

100_3145

Don’t get me wrong, Ryan loves keeping his legs “frogged” like most newborns do, but he actually really enjoys having his long legs stretched out.  Bless his heart, looks like his blue eyes and his long legs are the only things he will inherit from me.  Everything else about him is just like his Daddy!

100_3146 And for everyone that never sees Ryan get worked up…here’s proof!  He was ticked at me for making him wake up to eat.  He’d much rather just keep snoozing.  Sorry kiddo!

100_3147

100_3148 

Ryan is still wearing newborn diapers (although the Huggies newborns are getting a bit snug) and newborn clothes.  Last Wednesday (when he was 2 weeks old) he had gained even more weight and tipped the scales at 8 pounds even!  I’m figuring he’s around 8 pounds 5 ounces this week.  He’s really filling out (especially under his chin!) and I can tell he’s getting heavier when I’m holding him.  I think we have our days and nights figured out now…thank goodness!  Last night, Ryan only woke up once to eat in the middle of the night.  I fed him his late night feeding around 10:30pm and he didn’t wake up until 3:30!  Then he went back down and didn’t eat again until 7am!  We’re so thankful that he seems to be falling right into his routine.  I’m way too Type A to not have a routine.

I can hardly remember what not having Ryan here was like-yes, I miss sleeping 9-10 hours a night, but 7 1/2 is getting me through and I’m still being productive during the day.  This time of the year is nuts around our house with football season in full swing…and Stephen is completing his Master’s Degree this semester, adding more time away from us and stress.  I’m so thankful that Ryan is easy going and adaptable.  If he wasn’t, I’d be in trouble!  He’s already been to 5 football games (will be 6 on Friday!)…such is the life of a coach’s kid! 

No comments: