Paige

Paige

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Things I Love…

In the spirit of Valentine’s Day, here are my Top Ten loves:

 

 

image1. A large Sonic coke.  It just doesn’t taste the same from anywhere else.  The ice is perfection and their coke is extra carbonated. 

 

IMG_0702 2.  The “James: Mercy Triumphs” Bible study I’m attending every Wednesday morning right now.  It hits me right where I need it each and every time.  Even if you don’t follow along with a study on the book of James, just read through it several times.  It’s so applicable!

IMG_0642 3.  These 2 goobers…Paige and Ryan.  In absolutely  no way do I have it all together or even remotely close.  In fact I live far from having it all together.  I can’t tell you how many days I call my mom or Stephen and literally can’t catch my breath because I’m crying so hard either in frustration or despair because I’m convinced I’ve ruined my children’s lives.  These 2 challenge me, push me, and know how to get me going.  Nonetheless, I can’t imagine my life without them!  It’s amazing to see them grow and learn everyday.  I’m so thankful that God gave me the opportunity to stay at home with them.

branson 4.  My husband.  It’s not easy all the time, but what is?  We’ve been “together” for going on 12 (omg, we’re not as young as we used to be!) years and married for nearly 9 years.  We’ve had highs and lows, ups and downs, valleys and peaks.  We have about 400 adopted sons from his many football teams and about 200 adopted daughters from many softball seasons.  We’ve experienced the birth of a daughter, the miscarriage of a baby we can’t wait to meet someday in Heaven, and we’ve seen the completion of our family come in the form of our son.  We’ve endured moves, many years of hopeful promotions and then disappointment when those didn’t come, prayers about if we should stay where we are or if we should seek another job in another town, and the culmination of all of that with Stephen’s promotions this past spring and summer.  There are long standing issues that we’ve dealt with for many years that have just recently had a resolution come about.  We’re total opposites and somehow we make it all work!  SRB <3 MRB forever.

family pic1 5.  Panther Football and Lady Panther Fastpitch.  Stephen’s jobs aren’t just jobs to us.  We make it our ministry to love on and be an example to as many boys and girls in these sports as we can.  They know we are only a phone call or text away at any given moment.  For anything.  They’re ours and we love them.

IMG_2047 6.  I love Warrior Basketball.  I’ve been around basketball my entire life and I feel like I have a mind for it, much more so than football.  Doesn’t hurt that my Daddy coaches.  It’s kind of one of the only ways my Dad and I connect!

100_2405 7.  My mom and sister.  There are times when we don’t all get along.  And sometimes when we can’t talk to one another enough in one day.  These are the 2 that I come to in crisis or joy.  They’re my support and my rocks.  I love them!

IMG_2738 8.  Yes, I love everyone in this picture.  But, my focus is on my Gran (far right).  My Ran-Gay.  My call when I know nobody else can understand me.  She’ll scratch my back and let me sit in her lap even though I’m 29 years old.  I remember having more fun at her house growing up than anywhere else.  She taught me how to drive and I’d get to drive back and forth to her house and the post office on summer mornings.  I’ve never met a stronger, more God loving woman ever.  She’s my favorite, hands down.

 

image

9.  The Big Bang Theory.  We started watching this about a year ago and we scrambled to get our hands on each and every season on DVD as quickly as we could.  It’s one of the few shows that we will actually sit down and watch together and both enjoy! 

 

 

image

10.  I’m not a brand snob at all, so any brand of Salt and Vinegar chips will do the trick for me!  I absolutely love them and I’d much rather eat a salty snack over a sweet one anyday.  :-)

1 comment:

Les said...

Happy I made the list!! You need to do a new post!