Paige

Paige

Friday, August 29, 2008

HandPrint Project

WOW...I can't believe it's been 10 whole days since I've blogged! With school and football season staring our life has been madness to say the least. However, today I found some time to put a project together that I love! I was reading a blog yesterday...not sure which one because I found it by reading a blog, then moving to another, then another, etc...you know how that goes! Anyway, I saw a version of this project and just had to try it.

Sorry I didn't take pictures along the way...only the finished product. I'll walk you through the steps, though. I had cardstock in my house from making Paige's birthday invitations earlier in the year, so I used that to trace our handprints on and to be the backing in the frames. The frames came from WalMart...$3 each. They were the cheap gold ones by the fabric department. I spray primed and spray painted them to match the other ivory accessories in the laundry room. I used my color printer to print our names in a matching red on the cardstock that is in the background. The ribbon is from WalMart too...something like $2.98 for the whole roll and it's wired! I'm not a ribbon maker by any means, but I think they turned out okay. I think the bows really make it all pop!

Sorry the pictures are dark...I had to turn the flash off on my camera because the flash was putting a glare on the glass.


Here's an upclose shot of mine and Stephen's handprints...Stephen's hand is so big that I actually had to trim down his pinky and thumb and it still isn't all the way in the frame!

You can see the glare on this one-for some reason the picture was way too dark with the flash off. Oh well. This is an upclose of Paige's handprint...isn't it precious?

I really do like the way that this came out! It really adds some punch to the laundry room in our house. I'm going to Hobby Lobby tomorrow to get supplies to finish up a 10 cent thrift store project! I'm loving it too!

1 comment:

MomsTheWord said...

Little miss crafty! I'm so happy that you can do these things! I usually end up spending a bunch of money to duplicate something like this! Jen