Paige

Paige

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

8 Years

IMG_0315

Today Stephen and I have been married for 8 years.  Year 7 was tougher than I would have liked for it to be, but we emerged and we’re looking forward to new changes in our family’s life (no more babies though!).  Stephen asked me several times what I wanted for our anniversary and I really couldn’t think of anything.  I got a new right hand ring for Mother’s Day and several other things in the recent months…not leaving much for him to “surprise” me with.  We agreed that we really wouldn’t get one another anything and that was totally fine with each of us.  This morning, though, Stephen woke me up with breakfast in bed (cinnamon toast and milk…one of my favs) and he told me that I had 2 cokes and 2 Hershey’s with almond bars waiting on my in the fridge.  (I’d already drank one of the cokes when I took the picture)  He knows me well-Coke is a staple for me and Hershey’s with almonds is my favorite candy bar. 

I didn’t even put makeup on today and Stephen had to leave for most of the morning to go water the new sod on his softball field-and you know what?  We’re ok with the way today went down.  We grilled out hot dogs for supper, I’ve been shopping online for a new coffee table, and Paige and Stephen are coloring together at the dining room table right now.  This is our normal life and we love it.  Even on our 8th anniversary!  We wouldn’t change it for the world. 

Here’s to many more years!

No comments: